Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Black barbie turned 30?

Who knew that black barbie was this old?  She is just like myself we are some snazzy divas in our 30's. lol. I know most of us grew up playing with barbie dolls and to see that after 3 decades the african american barbie was spotlighted is great.  I found this article with videos and pics of black barbie and different timelines that i thought was interesting if anyone was interested. Its on Vogue online. Here is the link http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-black/the-black-barbie-issue


Images are from vogue.com

2 comments:

CocoagirlD said...

Wow I didnt realize she been around that long but yeah we all have something in common.. Im glad I was able to enjoy playing with barbies the same color as me lol did anybody out there use to dress there barbie in knee highs maybe it was just me.. Thanks for sharing this i love me some barbie

Andrea said...

barbie fans unite LOL